Having a healthy mouth and strong teeth are essential aspects to enjoy a good state of general wellbeing and feel healthy. This is greatly influenced by the daily habits we carry out in terms of oral hygiene, the type of food we follow, hydration and visit to the dentist, because if these are not taken into account or left aside, It is very likely that our teeth suffer with the passage of time and present accumulation of tartar, decay or periodontal diseases.
If you want to know how to strengthen your teeth and ensure your health at all times, continue reading this article to discover the most effective tips.
- Oral hygiene
- Fluorine to strengthen the tooth enamel
- Foods that help strengthen teeth
- Adequate hydration
- Visit the dentist periodically
Having a good oral hygiene is essential to avoid the accumulation of bacterial plaque in the denture and the subsequent appearance of deposits of tartar, which can lead to the formation of cavities and to suffer other oral conditions of greater severity. For this reason, to avoid these types of problems and keep teeth always healthy and strong it is very important to brush them several times a day and take into account other types of care that ensure an effective cleaning of the oral cavity; Among the steps that you should not skip in the oral hygiene routine, are the following:
- Brush teeth every day after each meal for at least 2 or 3 minutes. Try to move the brush making circles and ascending and descending movements, passing through the spaces between the teeth.
- The best thing is that you have an electric brush or one with soft bristles, because that way the cleaning will be much more effective. It is also advisable that you replace the brush or the brush head every three months at least.
- Not only brushing is enough, since there are areas that the brush cannot access correctly and it is possible that there is still accumulated plate. Therefore, it is essential to use dental floss after brushing, passing first through the upper teeth and then through the lower teeth. Do it carefully and gently so as not to damage the gums.
- The tongue is an area in which germs also accumulate, so that the mouth is as clean and fresh as possible, we advise you to also pass the brush across its surface by dragging it from behind to the front.
- Finally, a mouthwash will give you an unparalleled freshness sensation and will finish cleaning the oral cavity in a deep way.
Fluorine to strengthen the tooth enamel
Fluoride is a mineral present in many of the products that are sold for oral hygiene, such as toothpastes and mouth rinses, as it helps prevent the appearance of caries and in turn strengthens the tooth enamel. In fact, with the passage of time and also due to the action of the bacterial plaque, the enamel is worn away and the fluorine acts replacing the mineral that the enamel is losing, thus allowing the teeth to remain strong and healthy in every moment.
You can buy a toothpaste or an oral rinse enriched with fluoride and use them in your oral hygiene routine, following the instructions for use that we have explained in the previous section.
Foods that help strengthen teeth
In addition to maintaining proper oral hygiene habits, it is also important to pay attention to the type of food that we usually carry. You should know that there are foods that contain certain vitamins and minerals that are favorable to have a denture as strong and healthy as possible and that provide protection against all those agents that promote the formation of bacterial plaque. Some of the foods that strengthen the teeth that you can incorporate into your daily diet are the following:
- Green leafy vegetables: they provide calcium, essential for the good formation of the teeth, and since they are foods that have to be chewed many times before ingesting them, they strengthen the gums, the teeth and exercise the jaw. Swiss chard, spinach and broccoli are good choices.
- Dairy products: they are very rich in calcium, which is a mineral that in addition to strengthening the teeth, prevents the appearance of spots in it and the suffering of periodontal diseases.
- Foods rich in vitamin D: vitamin D allows the body to properly absorb calcium, so it is also an essential nutrient for strong and healthy teeth. You can get this vitamin by eating blue fish, such as tuna, salmon or sardines.
- Apple: favors the cleaning and whitening of the teeth, helps to polish the gums and allows a much fresher breath.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are the best fruits that can help you have stronger teeth due to its vitamin C content, which allows the bones and ligaments that hold the teeth to remain in perfect condition.
- On the contrary, it is convenient that you avoid the excessive consumption of sugary and very acidic foods, as these are not favorable for the good condition of the teeth and enamel.
Staying well hydrated during the day drinking plenty of water is essential for the general health of the organism, but also for the oral cavity.
When drinking water, the production of saliva is favored and this is very important to clean the mouth, drag all the bacterial plaque present and protect the teeth. In addition, it is likely that the water contains fluoride, a mineral that, as we have seen, allows the erosion of tooth enamel to be avoided.
If you need some advice to increase the consumption of this liquid, we recommend that you consult the article How to drink more water every day.
Visit the dentist periodically
In addition to all of the above, in order to enjoy good dental health, it is essential to visit the dentist periodically and undergo the appropriate revisions indicated by the specialist. In general, it is recommended to visit the dentist at least once a year, but increase the frequency if there is a certain oral problem.
In your goal of strengthening the teeth, you will also find very useful the professional cleanings that are made in the dentist’s office, because they allow to completely finish with all the tartar and the bacterial plaque that could not be eliminated with the daily brushing.
This article is merely informative, we do not have the faculty to prescribe any medical treatment or make any type of diagnosis. We advise you to visit best dental clinic in Dubai in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you would like to read more articles similar to how to strengthen your teeth, we recommend you t check our category of Family Health.